Monday, March 5, 2012

Moving right along

 The windows were put in last week
 Madison and Ethan peeking out the boys room window
 Garage side view of the house
My cute boys super excited of their new house

The framing is almost complete now.  Last week the windows were all put in (except the front living room window).  And they are getting ready to do the roof.  Last week it snowed a bit, so I think that set a few things back.  We've been super lucky though as far as the weather, especially this winter.  This coming week will be exciting because they are getting ready to do all of the electrical, the insulation and the drywall.  It so amazing to all of us to see a house being built.  I'm sure I've already mentioned this in previous posts, but we sure are grateful to the people who build homes.
Life in general in addition to building a home, is quite busy.  This rental we are in is taking longer to fix up and paint than we thought.  I wanted to be completely done painting by the end of February....sigh, that didn't happen.  I am being totally optimistic and shooting for finishing it up this week.  Yeah, we have the upstairs and the basement to finish.  I figure if I give myself a target date, I tend to usually want to meet that date.  It's going to be a busy week.  It must be done though.  We realized that we actually have to start packing again...double sigh.  I'm actually not really dreading it because it means moving into our new house.   We have 5 more weeks left.  Which is crazy!  Where has time gone, and why when you were a kid did time seem to drag.  ANd now that I want it to slow down, it doesn't?  The kids are growing too fast.  Madison will be in Junior High next year?  Ethan will be 10 soon, and Aidan will be 6.  I'm thinking this is the perfect time to freeze time. 



1 comment:

  1. We are so excited for you guys! I can't believe how fast it's going up! Yay!

    ReplyDelete